When the pandemic hit Germany back in March 2020, our playgroup closed down along with the local schools and daycare facilities.
By the time we were allowed back in the building where playgroup meets, there were only a few weeks left in the school year, so we decided to start our summer break early.
Now that it’s autumn we are excited to resume our weekly meetings on Monday and Thursdays while following the strict hygiene standards required by the state of Baden-Württemberg, beginning the week of September 21st, 2020.
Here are some of the procedures we will be following to keep our members healthy and safe:
- Maximum occupancy will be 20 people per session, including babies (may be reduced if infection rate rises)
- Windows will be open for air flow in the room (dress warmly and don’t forget your slippers!)
- Adults must keep a distance of 1.5 meter from one another but masks are not required (might be required if infection rate rises)
- Members will sign in each week in case contact tracing becomes necessary
- We will be disinfecting everything we touch at the end of each session
- Some of our usual routines will be adjusted temporarily so that we have less to disinfect.
Additionally of course, members with any symptoms or who have been in contact with a positive case in the past 14 days will be asked to stay home.
**As infection rates and local regulations change, we will be following those as required. As of October 20th, occupancy has been limited to 10 persons in each meeting and we are also requiring masks**
Your group leaders will go over all of the procedures in detail. Please help them as much as you can so that things run smoothly and successfully for everyone.